reverential rituals

4:23 PM / Posted by indolent mendicant /


I walked my first labyrinth on New Year's Day. My thoughts stayed near the surface - the Planned Parenthood Teen Theatre performance I'd videotaped there, a date with L. to see Swami Beyondananda. Several people seemed to have more profound experiences, or at least to display physical representations of spiritual heaviness.

I got there right after a hike in the woods, still in hiking gear. It was easy for me to equate my hike with what was going on there at the Unitarian Center. My labyrinth is a trail in the Ashland watershed. Toothpick, Cat Walk, Caterpillar, Hell Trail, the trail to the reservoir, the BTI loop, all have meaning to my soul. I go to one of them nearly every weekend. It is good for me, I recommend it for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment